Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gluten Free Dreams (Socca)

Socca is the bread to my butter... Literally. It is so good. I will eat it in a box. I will eat it with a fox.  I will eat it in a house.  I will eat it with a mouse. I will eat it in a house. I will eat it here or there. I will eat it anywhere.


Socca is an Italian flat bread that is so so versatile. It can be baked plain, sweet or savory. And unlike other gluten free bread it is not crumbly or super complicated to make. The best part.. The base has 4 ingredients. I know. Awesome.



Ingredients:

BASE SOCCA
1 1/2 cups garbanzo (chickpea) bean flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 T olive oil
1/2  tsp salt


Process: Mix all ingredients in a container that can be covered or has a lid. Let the mizture sit for one hour to overnight (if sitting over night put in fridge). Heat the oven to 500 degrees. Drop a tsp of coconut oil in a 9 inch glass baking dish and put the dish in the oven while it heats. When the oven is all warmed up to 500 degrees, pull out the dish and move it around so that the oil gets all over the bottom. Pour socca batter into the dish. It should sizzle. Bake for 6-8 minutes. The top of the socca should start to crack. If not golden and cracked, bake for up to more 4 minutes. Remove and let cool. This makes a fairly thick socca. To make a thinner, crispier socca, bake in a 9x13 glass dish or 2--9 inch dishes.


Olive and Basil Socca:
Base socca recipe
1/2 cup kalamata olives (halved)
1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
Just before pouring into baking dish, mix in olives and basil. Bake as above.

Click HERE for more fun socca ideas.

♥ E

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment