Sunday, March 31, 2013

Raw Carrot Cake Balls with Pineapple Cashew Cream

Happy Easter everyone!! I love Easter! I love celebrating and thanking God for the sacrificial gift of His son on the cross in payment for the sins of all man, mine included. I love that the sun is shining and spring is in the air, and I love being with my family.

We have some serious allergies in this family, plus a vegan (that's me)! Allergies include eggs, dairy, wheat, corn, yeast, citrus, soy, peanuts, and about 35 other things! I wanted to make something sweet, Easter-y and allergy friendly. I give you: Raw Carrot Cake Balls with Pineapple Cashew Cream.




Raw Carrot Cake Balls 

Ingredients:
2 Cups dried dates - pitted
3 Tbl coconut oil (softened - I just put it in a glass cup and set it on the hot oven for 3-4 mins)
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (look for this in the bulk section)

Process:
 Throw dates and coconut oil in the food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Put in a medium bowl and add shredded carrots and cinnamon. Take around 2 tsp of mixture and roll into a ball. Gently roll the ball in shredded coconut to coat. Refrigerate.

Pineapple Cashew Cream

Ingredients:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for 1 hr or more- if more, refrigerate)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
2 Tbl pineapple juice

Process:
Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. If it is hard to blend, add a little bit (1 tsp) of pineapple juice at a time until it blends. refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to help become more solid.

Serve cake balls with cashew cream on the side.

Enjoy!

 ♥ E
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment