Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mind Your Peas and Qs


You might see a pattern here... I like soup and I like paprika. Like a lot... :)




Smoky Split Pea & Quinoa Soup

Ingredients: 
1 Tbl coconut oil
1 onion (diced)
1 Tbl minced garlic
1 green pepper (chopped) 
1 bag split green peas, cooked until soft
1 Tbl smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder 
2 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbl lemon juice
2 cups cooked quinoa
Cilantro for garnish (if desired) 

Process: 
In a medium sized pot, saute coconut oil, onion, garlic and pepper until softened and golden. Add cooked spit peas, spices, and vegetable broth. Transfer to blender in batches and blend. Transfer back to pot and heat through. Add lemon juice and quinoa just before serving.

p.s. I know it looks really red, but as I said.. I like paprika.. A LOT!

Makes 6 servings. I store the extras in mason jars. Some in the freezer and some in the fridge. Just remember when storing in the freezer to leave extra space at the top of the jar or your jar will explode. It happened to me just yesterday.... 

 ♥ E



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment