Saturday, January 26, 2013

Out of This World Oatmeal Cookies

Have you ever been to Starbucks? Of course you have. You don't live under a rock. So they have these  "Outrageous Oatmeal" cookies that are to die for... I'm serious guys, I think the first time I had one I levitated a little bit. This was all before I was vegan... I wanted so badly to find the recipe and lo and behold they had it on their website. But get this... One cookie had like 650 calories!!!!!! That's like half a day of calories... In ONE stinking cookie.

So I decided to get a little crazy and make my own recipe. Over the years I have tweaked it and this is by far my favorite version of this cookie.

Also, you should know that before I made these, there were two things I HATED in my cookies... Raisins and Oatmeal. Guess what these contain. BOTH! Get excited. I sure am.




Ingredients:
1 cup natural, unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 Tbl maple syrup
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
2 cups oatmeal
1/4 garbanzo bean flour (or any other gfree flour)
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup craisins
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup yellow raisins
(extra raisins to top cookies)


Process: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Mix wet ingredients until smooth. Add dry ingredients. Scoop out by the tablespoonful onto the prepared cookie sheets and flatten. Bake for 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle raisins on top (if you do it when you first put them in the oven, they will burn). Bake for another 5 minutes or until cookies are set. Makes 2 dozen.

I keep a bag in the freezer and take one in my bag to class to fend of the morning tummy rumbles.

♥ E
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am eating one of these as I type this and I am pretty sure I am elevating a lot! They are so good!

    ReplyDelete