Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Raw Vegan Tiramisu Mousse

This was just a, "Hmm what am I going to do with the next few minutes--I feel like making something," spur of the moment creation.

Ok so there are a few things you should know about me...
1) I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Coffee....
2) Dark chocolate has a special place in my heart.
3) I am in love with coconut milk.. Especially the kind from a can. SO GOOD.
4) Tiramisu is one of my all time fave things and is rarely done well when made vegan.

So here is a little spin on the traditional tiramisu.




                                                p.s. there is no sugar in here. Get excited.


Ingredients:
1 can full fat coconut milk that has been chilled overnight (seriously the reduced fat stuff will not work and this is the good fat. :) )
9 dried dates (pitted and cut in half)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 packets of Stevia in the raw
1 Tbl espresso powder (mixed with 1tsp warm- hot water)
3 Tbl cocoa powder (I like to use dark cocoa powder)

 Process:
Scoop your coconut milk out into a bowl. Just the super thick white part, save the watery bit for a smoothie or an after workout drink. Take half of the thick coconut milk and put it into a blender or food processor (I used my magic bullet). To the coconut milk in the blender, add: the dates, 1 tsp of the vanilla, 1 packet of stevia, the mixed espresso powder, and the cocoa powder. Blend until smooth. While that is blending, take the other half of the coconut milk and put it in the bowl of your mixer, add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 stevia packet. With the whisk attachment, whisk until medium stiff to stiff peaks form. Take a ramekin (I used a fairly large ramekin, so it just made one. If you have smaller ones you can make 2-3 depending on the ramekin size) and pour in the chocolate espresso mix. It will be fairly bitter - just like real tiramisu. Tap the ramekin lightly on the table so the mixture levels out. Finally, spoon the whipped coconut milk on top. Smooth out with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula.  Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until set. About 2 hours.

--This is a slightly bitter treat, yet the coconut milk is very light and sweet. If you prefer the chocolate espresso part to be sweeter, either add more dates or stevia!

I am literally in food heaven, you guys... ENJOY! :)

 ♥ E



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment