Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spicy, Creamy, Coconut Curry


Someone in my building makes authentic smelling Thai food... YUM! Today the delicious smell was just too overwhelming, so I had to make my own!  This only took me as long as it took for the rice to cook, so 25 mins, start to finish!



Ingredients:

For serving:
1 1/2 cups brown rice (cooked)
3 cups steamed veggies (I used broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, and peas)

Curry:
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 TBL sriracha
2 TBL curry powder (I use yellow)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 handful cilantro


Optional Toppings:
1 bunch cilantro chopped
sprinkle of cashews


Process:
Start your rice and veggies cooking. While they are cooking, add the coconut oil and garlic to a saucepan. Once the garlic becomes golden, reduce heat to medium-low and add coconut milk. Stir. Add lemon juice, sriracha, curry powder, turmeric  cumin, pepper, and cilantro. Stir and let heat. Taste test. Add whatever more spices you think it needs! Let the curry simmer over low until the rice is done cooking.

To serve, pile veggies over rice and ladle curry over top. Top with cilantro, cashews, and cracked salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4, or me and leftovers. ;)  ENJOY!

 ♥ E



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment