Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spicy Peanut Stir Fry


I am in LOVE with Thai food. I am in LOVE with peanuts. I am in LOVE with spice. I am in LOVE with Noodles and Company's take on spicy peanutty Thai food. I just love it all. 

Here is my homemade take - minus all the extra calories and fillers!




Spicy Peanut Stir Fry
INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg rice noodles (I like that brands that are just rice flour and water)
2 bell peppers (cut into strips)
3 carrots (diced or sliced)
1 pkg mushrooms (sliced)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli

Spicy Peanut Sauce:
1 cup raw peanuts
1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
1 Tbl tamari (gluten free soy sauce - regular soy sauce will work if you aren't gluten intolerant)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sriracha (or 1/2 tsp more red pepper flakes if you don't have sriracha)
1 tsp minced garlic

PROCESS:

Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile throw all of the vegetables into a skillet and steam or saute until tender. I added a little coconut oil, YUM! While those are getting all soft and delicious, Throw all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. Once the noodles are done, remove from heat and toss noodles with the sauce to coat. Serve with veggies on top. I LOVE to add cilantro to this (who would have guess, right?) but unfortunately I didn't have any in the house today! Still incredibly delicious!! Enjoy!

 ♥ E
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment